Josh Grosshans, Esq.
Josh Grosshans, Esq.
Founder – Construction and Commercial Litigation and Transactions
Josh’s practice focuses on representing clients at all levels of the construction industry, from owners, developers and general contractors to subcontractors and material suppliers. His clients range from local construction firms to large national builders. Josh regularly represents these clients in disputes across the State of Florida in Florida’s state courts, federal courts and in arbitration. These disputes involve matters such as construction defect claims, warranty claims, liens, delays, contract and payment disputes, insurance coverage claims, subrogation claims, and land use and zoning requirements. Often, Josh represents clients in complex, multi-party construction defect litigation.
Josh also assists clients in avoiding disputes and delays through the thoughtful preparation and negotiation of construction contracts. This can include modifying industry standard construction forms to fit a project and locale, updating existing current contracts to match changing legal requirements, or drafting contracts from scratch. Josh also assists clients as they navigate local land use and zoning regulations, helping them understand the local requirements which will impact their project, as well as presenting at zoning and city or county commission meetings. Whatever the stage Josh enjoys working with his clients to bring a construction project to completion.
Josh’s work has seen him represent clients in matters across a wide range of industries including single and multi-family residential construction, commercial construction, commercial retail, theme parks, hospitality, restaurants, healthcare, associations, churches and private schools. Josh regularly represents churches and private schools on a variety of matters without charge.
In 2012, 2016, and again 2020 Josh was appointed by Florida Governors Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis to serve on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida to assists in the selection applicants to fill judicial vacancies. In 2022, Josh was elevated by Governor DeSantis to the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Sixth District Court of Appeal to assist in the selection of appellate judges to serve in Florida’s new Sixth DCA.
- Construction Litigation and Arbitration
- Construction Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Land Use and Zoning
- Commercial Litigation
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Central Florida, B.A., with Honors
Professional/Community Memberships, Activities and Honors
- The Orange County Bar Association
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- The Federalist Society
- The Christian Legal Society
- Friends of Lake Apopka
Publications and Presentations
- “Summary Judgment: A New Era?” – Orange County Bar Association 2020 Bench Bar Conference; October 2, 2020.
- “Fostering Curiosity and Love for the Law” featuring Justices Alan Lawson and Jamie Grosshans – Orlando Chapter of the Christian Legal Society; January 13, 2021.
- 2020 Supreme Court Review – Orlando Chapter of the Christian Legal Society; July 15, 2021.
- “Justice Jamie Grosshans: Beyond the Courtroom” – The Briefs; A Publication of the Orange County Bar Association, November 2020 issue.